4th of July Events Guide
Overwhelmed with options this 4th of July? No worries, we’ve put together a list of all the best spots to spend the holiday.
Fireworks, Parades and more:
- Rose, White & Blue Parade: 10 a.m. Rose Garden district parade with 115 entries starts on Dana Avenue and concludes at The Alameda community party site, with live music, food, booths. Free. www.rosewhiteblueparade.com
- Independence Day Celebration: 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM. Kevin Moran Park, 12415 Scully Ave. Highlights include patriotic music, historical characters, family parade, free flags, and popsicles. Free. www.saratogaJuly4.com.
- Freedom Fest Fireworks & Parade: 4 PM. Free. Live music, food vendors, ice cream, old fashion pie eating contest. Fireworks start at dusk. Free. http://morganhillfreedomfest.com/fireworks.
- 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular: 8 PM. $25-$75. Shoreline Amphitheatre. San Francisco Symphony celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing. Fireworks at dark, one of the area's largest fireworks displays set to symphony music will start over the iconic backdrop of Shoreline Amphitheatre. www.mountainviewamphitheater.com.
- On-the-Water Viewing of July 4th Fireworks: 10 AM - 10:30 PM. 3160 N. Shoreline Blvd. The Boathouse & American Bistro at Shoreline Lake will rent pedal boats, rowboats, canoes and kayaks for fireworks viewing from the lake. Lakeside barbecue, picnic baskets also available. Prices and reservations: 650-965-7474, https://shorelinelake.com/upcoming.html.
- 4th of July Symphony & Picnic in the Park: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Free. Symphony in the Park at Oak Meadow Park. Family-friendly music, Beer & Wine, face painting, photo booths, lawn games, food, and fun. Los Gatos Info
- 4th of July Celebration: 7:30 AM - 10:00 PM. Noon. Events at Memorial Park/Quinlan Community Center include pancake breakfast (7:30 AM - 11 AM), Carnival (9:00 AM - 11:30 AM), children’s parade (10 AM) and concert (10:30 AM-noon). Food trucks and free swimming (10 a.m.-5 p.m.). Fireworks Partners at Cupertino 4th of July Info
- Fireworks Salute: Approximately 9:30 PM. Free. Gilroy High School, 750 W. 10th St. Annual Fourth of July fireworks display. Gilroy 4th of July Info
- Chili Cook-Off: Noon-5 p.m. $5. Mitchell Park, 600 E. Meadow Drive. 36th annual chili battle plus music, food trucks, and children’s activities. www.paloaltochilicookoff.com/
- Fourth of July Party and Fireworks: 1-4 p.m. “Red, White & Boom” pool party (free), followed by food truck court. 7-9 p.m. “Red, White & Boom” Fireworks and concert featuring "No Water After Midnight". Fireworks show admission, $3. Milpitas Sports Center, 1325 E. Calaveras Blvd. www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov
LOS ALTOS HILLS
- 4th of July Red, Whit4 & Blue Parade: 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM. Free. Los Altos Hills Town Hall. The parade begins at the Fremont Road and concludes at Gardner Bullis School. For Los Altos Hills Info
- 4th of July Parade, Festival, and Fireworks: All Day. Free. Celebration at Redwood City packs in a full day of fun including the 80th annual parade (10 am), a car show, carnival, and fireworks show at 9:30 PM. Downtown Redwood City ( Broadway and Hamilton). For More Information
- Fourth of July Parade and Celebration: 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM. Parade beginning at Chestnut Street and Santa Cruz Ave followed by a celebration Burgess Park until 3:00 PM, 701 Laurel St. Live music, jump houses, slides, games, crafts, face painting, rock walls, food and drinks available for purchase. Free; $10 wristband required for some activities. Menlo Park Info
- 4th July Parade: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Free. Parade line up on the streets of Fremont to watch the star spangled excitement of whimsical floats, fantastic giant balloons, and marching bands during the Fremont Fourth of July Parade. fremont4th.org
- Entertainment and Fireworks Extravaganza: 6-10 p.m. San Francisco waterfront. Live music at Aquatic Park, Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39 sites before the city’s fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. Entertainment includes live music and the highlight of the day will be the City and Countyof San Francisco Fireworks Show. Details at www.fishermanswharf.org and www.pier39.com
- Blue & Gold Fleet Cruise: 8, 8:20, 8:30 and 8:40 p.m. Pier 41, 8:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. from Pier 39, family friendly, no-alcohol cruise and 8:30 p.m. Tiburon Ferry Terminal. Cash-only snack bar on all cruises, except the family-friendly cruise. Tickets: www.blueandgoldfleet.com
- Hornblower Cruises: Noon lunch cruise, 7-10:30 p.m. buffet dinner cruise, 7-11 p.m. fireworks dinner cruise, 8:30-11:30 p.m. fireworks buffet dinner cruise. Pier 3, Hornblower Landing. Tickets: www.hornblower.com
- Red and White Fleet Cruises: Departures: 7:45 PM, 7:50 PM, 8:15 PM and 8:20 PM. Pier 43½. Unlimited beer, wine, and snacks are included in the ticket price. Must check in a minimum of 60 minutes before your cruise departs. Find Tickets
- Dockside Fireworks Viewing aboard SS Jeremiah O’Brien: Gate opens 8:00 PM. Fireworks at 9:30 PM. Dockside viewing of S.F. fireworks at Pier 45. Tickets include hot dogs, popcorn and soft drinks. $10-$80. www.ssjeremiahobrien.org
- Meek Estate 4th of July Open House: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Free. Community celebration at Meek Park. Historic games and crafts, patriotic activities, face painting, food, and music.