Dia de los Muertos & Halloween
Two of the most anticipated festivities of the year came to The Bay Area. Here is a guide to the events of the season.
DIA DE LOS MUERTOS GUIDE
- El Baile de los Muertos featuring La Doña & Reyna Tropical: "All are invited to show off their best Día de los Muertos costumes at El Baile de los Muertos, produced by Universal Grammar at Signia by Hilton San Jose. It features renowned Chicana artist La Doña and Reyna Tropical, plus special guest DJs Discodelic from Mexico City for a spirited evening to remember. Party the night away in the hotel's Club Regent as two Latin powerhouses take to the stage with Latin, tropical, and hip-hop vibes." check it out the link for tickets and prices. Friday, October 27 · 6:30 - 10:30pm.
- Dia de Los Muertos Paint Party at The Preacher's Daughter: "Come join us at The Preachers Daughter wine bar for a fun night out with your friends and family! There will be music, a full bar with unique cocktails, great food and even better company to enjoy while you paint. To celebrate the coming Dia De Los Muertos we're painting "La Calavera" (referenced below) on 16x20" canvases." Click the link for more information and tickets. Saturday, November 4 · 6 - 8:30pm.
- Day of the Dead Altar Exhibit & Open-Mic Night: We'll kick the evening off with complimentary refreshments and a happy hour exhibit of our Community Altar. Friday, November 3 · 4 - 6pm.
Día de los Muertos at Cooley Landing: The event will take place in Cooly Landing, with artisanal activities with papel picado and masks, in addition to participating in the elaboration of a community altar. It is recommended to bring photos, souvenirs or decoration of deceased loved ones. For more information and reservation of spot check it out the link. Sunday, October 29 · 12 - 3pm.
- Taste of Tequila - Día de los Muertos Edition: "Taste the flavors of dia de los muertos with an incredible four-course tequila pairing dinner! Don't miss this one-of-a-kind experience." Check the website for more information and tickets. Tuesday, October 17 · 6 - 10pm.
- Dia de los muertos festival: The festival consists of several simultaneous events that you can visit while strolling through the exhibition of the altars and enjoying live music, food and drink. Don't miss this amazing annual festival!. Sunday, October 29 10am- 5pm. Free admission!
- Redwood City Annual Festival Altar: Every year Redwood City since 2011, pays homage to the Mexican tradition of creating altars for the faithful departed, with a different theme each year, this year, they will show the Mayan culture that is not only part of Mexico but involves much of Guatemala, in an area known as Quauhtlemallan, which translates to 'place of many trees' in the Nahuatl language of Mexico. Do not miss this incredible exhibition. For more information, check the link to the page.
- Festival of Altars: "The making and viewing of traditional, contemporary, or experimental altars is a uniquely transformative experience connecting us closer to our Ancestors." Nov. 2 from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Ritmo Latino: DIA DE LOS MUERTOS: "Have you ever looked for an event where you can come out and have fun dancing to the biggest hits in Latin Community come Join us at the biggest 18+ Latin Night in the Bay Area!" In the link, you can find more information, tickets and prices. November 2 · 10pm - November 3 · 2am.
HALLOWEEN SCARY GUIDE
- Unhinged: Housewarming at the Winchester Mystery House: The most haunted house in San Jose, will open its doors to offer outdoor costume parties, a museum of terror, a walk through the house and the places inside it that are allowed, food, cocktails among other things. Buy the tickets at website. Open until October 31, 2023.
Grimm's Hallow Mase of Madness: "As you enter the Maze, you will find "dead-ends" and some old friends from past haunts like The Shadow Circus and The Wizarding World who will get to choose the path you take. Then, you're on your own!". For tickets and more information check the website. Until October 31, 2023.
Dead Time Dreams: "Dead Time Dreams, San Jose's top haunt, returns for the 2023 season. This year we'll feature our open air immersive haunted attraction, NIGHTMARES. Take a stroll with us as we take you through the ultimate scare zone.", For more information and the tickets, check the link. Oct. 6-31, 2023
- Thrill-O-Ween presented by Kaiser Permanente.Thrive City: "Will be filled with themed activities for all ages including a special screening of Elemental. Stay alert because you never know who or what may pop out! Don’t forget, best dressed wins the costume contest!". Saturday, October 28 · 1 - 6pm.
- Mayhem Mansion at the Haas-Lilienthal house: "Treat yourself this spooky season to a thrill-filled, guide-led, evening tour through the spooktacular Haas-Lilienthal House, transformed into Mayhem Mansion for October!" Prices vary. You can find more information at website. OCTOBER 20-21 & 26-27-28 FROM 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM EACH NIGHT.
Want to learn more?
Looking for your dream home?
See our 8 step process for buyers,
Are you selling a home?
Discover what sets our team apart.